- South African Festival of Motoring
- Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit, 31.08 – 04.09.2016
SA Festival of Motoring promises to be a real drawcard
The South African Festival of Motoring, which will take place at the Kyalami Grand Prix circuit in Midrand from August 31-September 4, promises to be a spectacular drawcard for those looking to buy a new car as well as motoring and motor sport enthusiasts. It will undoubtedly be the African continent’s premier automotive event for 2016.
Among the activities and facilities available will be:
- Daily track programme: The entertainment schedule will alternate with test driving on the circuit and will include stunts, displays and parades. There will be daily on-track test drives from the North Pit Area for four cars from each exhibitor as well as demonstration runs of high performance cars from the main pit building.
- 4×4 track: Exhibitors will use four vehicles per day in a controlled environment.
- Soft-roader track: There will also be an outdoor track for soft-roaders and non-4×4 models.
- Daily events: These will include fashion presentations, auctions and big screen broadcasts.
- The passing parade: Selected one-make clubs, vintage and veteran vehicle collections and various motor sport disciplines will be given the opportunity to display vehicles in the outdoor display paddocks.
- Dedicated Women’s Day: August is Women’s Month and the opportunity will be taken to stage a number of special women-focussed events on this day.
- Concours d’Elegance: Classic cars will take part in a competition with the winner receiving the Best-on-Show award.
- Art and cars: A selection of classic cars and motorcycles will be exhibited in the Galleria area of the Pit Building alongside a variety of art works, including those resulting from a competition for schoolchildren.
- Dedicated area for children: This will feature a go-kart track, driving simulators and other activities to entertain younger show visitors.
- VIP areas: A selection of VIP entertainment areas will be located on the site.
- Your limo has arrived: Special VIP packages are planned to add to the exclusive nature of the Festival. They will include helicopter fly-ins from Grand Central Airport, tickets to VIP areas and limousine transfers.
2016 SA Festival of Motoring at a Glance
Chief Executive Officer
South African Shows Messe Frankfurt (Pty) Ltd
Tel: +27 11 494 5006
Background information on the SA Festival of Motoring
The SA Festival Motoring is an experiential showcase for the local automotive industry. This industry is one of the country’s largest employers, adding over 7 percent to the GDP. The SA Festival not only demonstrates this contribution, it also reflects the industry’s positive sentiment and commitment to the future of South Africa.
The SA Festival of Motoring is owned by South African Shows Messe Frankfurt and endorsed by the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa (NAAMSA).
Background information on SA Shows Messe Frankfurt
South African Shows Messe Frankfurt (Pty) Ltd (SASMF) is a subsidiary of the Messe Frankfurt Group. The SASMF portfolio includes Automechanika Johannesburg and the Johannesburg Boat Show. Background information on Messe Frankfurt: Messe Frankfurt is one of the world’s leading trade fair organisers, generating around €645* million in sales and employing 2 297* people.
The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 29 subsidiaries and 57 International Sales Partners, allowing it to serve its customers on location in more than 160 countries. Messe Frankfurt events take place at more than 40 locations around the globe. In 2015 Messe Frankfurt organised a total of 132* trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany.
Comprising an area of 592 127m2, Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds are home to 10 exhibition halls. The company also operates two congress centres. The historic Festhalle, one of the most popular venues in Germany, plays host to events of all kinds. Messe Frankfurt is publicly owned, with the city of Frankfurt holding 60% and the State of Hesse 40%.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com *Preliminary numbers (2015).